Johannesburg, November – In an effort to support, uplift and improve amateur sports, 10bet is proud to announce the launch of its groundbreaking campaign, Gear-Up ikasi. Launching in November, this 10-month initiative aims to answer the call for essential sporting needs for community soccer and netball teams based in Gauteng, addressing the challenges faced by these teams due to limited budgets and financial constraints.
Amateur sports teams in South Africa often operate on shoestring budgets, struggling to afford high-quality kits and necessary equipment. Many of these teams rely on donations to purchase kits and maintain their operations, leaving them vulnerable to missing important opportunities without the correct gear.
Recognizing this need, 10bet has stepped in with Gear-Up ikasi, a campaign designed to make a significant impact on community sports in Gauteng. Over the next 10 months, teams are invited to send in their motivations, outlining their challenges and aspirations. From these submissions, a random selection of deserving teams will be made to receive full soccer or netball kits, as well as other essentials, ensuring they can compete and grow with confidence and pride.
“We understand the challenges faced by community sports teams, and we believe that every team deserves the opportunity to play the sport they love with the proper gear. Gear-Up ikasi is our way of giving back to the community and supporting the growth of sports at community level. By providing these essentials which range from kits and footwear to ball and training equipment, we hope to empower these teams and inspire future generations of athletes,” said Zanele Nhlapo, PR & CSR Manager at 10bet South Africa.
The Gear-Up ikasi campaign aligns with 10bet’s unwavering commitment to reach, uplift and positively impact disadvantaged communities by focussing on the transformative power of sports. By investing in the local sports scene, 10bet aims to nurture talent, promote teamwork, and foster a sense of belonging among aspiring athletes.
Amateur teams in Gauteng are encouraged to participate in the Gear-Up ikasi campaign by submitting their motivations through the official 10bet Facebook page, 10bet South Africa. The selection process will be fair and transparent, ensuring that the chosen teams truly reflect the spirit and dedication of the local sports community.
The terms and conditions of the campaign are listed below, please be sure to read out terms and conditions very carefully
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Campaign entry period will start at 00:00 on Sunday 1 October 2023 and will close at 23:59 on Friday 31 August 2024.
- In order to qualify for the campaign, teams must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Netball or Soccer team.
- All members of the team must be over the age of 18 years.
- Teams must be based in Gauteng Townships.
- Teams must have a track record of playing and winning local tournaments.
- Teams must be actively playing for their respective South African Football Association (SAFA) and/ or Local Football Association (LFAs) leagues.
- How to enter:
- Prepare a 30-second video showing off your teams’ skills.
- Post the video on your team’s Facebook page using the hashtag #GearUpIkasi and tag 10bet_ZA.
- The video must be uploaded on or before the 3rd of each new month.
- Entries are not limited. Teams may upload a 30-second video every month to participate in the Campaign although a participant may only be a winner once.
- Teams stand a chance to win 10bet branded sports kits.
- You agree that your participation in the Campaign, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is voluntary and at your own risk.
- One winner will be selected randomly via a live draw from all valid entries per month. The draws will take place during the middle of each month.
- Details about the campaign and the upcoming draws will be posted on our social media pages, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A 10bet representative will contact the winners in order to arrange the handover of the sports kit with a photographer.
- A 10bet representative shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) business days. In the event that the winner is either unreachable or in the event that the winner rejects, or declines acceptance of the Prize, the Prize shall be subject to a new draw.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be sold, deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- Directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of 10bet or each of their associated companies, their relatives or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Campaign, are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
- Every participant participating in the Campaign shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of participation.
- By entering and participating and/or accepting any prize, the entrants, participants and /or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold 10bet, its Directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors harmless from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim and/or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from the Campaign, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize.
- 10bet reserves the right to suspend and/or disqualify participants from the Campaign due to fraudulent activity.
- 10bet reserves the right to change prize conditions and /or to vary, suspend or cancel the Campaign at its own discretion for any reason whatsoever and without notice. In such event you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against 10bet and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against 10bet.
- By opting in to receive offers and communications, you agree that 10bet may use the details you provide us with to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- 10bet is a licenced Betting Operator. 10bet supports Responsible Gambling. No persons under the age of 18 years are permitted to bet. Betting can be addictive. Winners know when to stop. South African Responsible Gambling Foundation Toll free counselling line: 0800 006 008 or WhatsApp “Help” to 076 675 0710.